The Jennifer C. Wenger Memorial Study/Work Abroad Fund assists Western Michigan University students enrolled full time in a study or work abroad program. Preference is given to female students of anthropology or sociology with a focus on women's studies.
- Must be enrolled full time in a study abroad or internship program for a minimum of 10 weeks. Preference given to female students.
- The recipient must have been employed part time during the semester prior to study abroad as evidence of their commitment to assisting with the costs of higher education.
- Preference will be given to students in the following areas of academic study, in the following order of priority:
- Anthropology or sociology major, with a focus on women's studies.
- Gender and women's studies major or minor with any academic discipline.
- Any academic major.
- Applicants must meet the following academic criteria:
- Minimum 2.5 GPA.
- At least 20 credit hours completed at WMU.
- Students participating in the BUNAC work abroad program are also eligible.
For scholarship to be used in spring semester: October 15.
For scholarship to be used in summer or fall semester: February 15.
Recipients will be selected by staff in WMU's Study Abroad office. Awards will be based on a completed application in Broncos Abroad, GPA and financial need. An interview may be required.
To apply, please click the applicable button: