Traveling Abroad

International travel will follow the same air travel steps and uses the Western Michigan University Online Travel Authorization System.

Depending on the travel destination additional documentation may be needed. It is your responsibility to secure the documentation needed when traveling abroad. Travelers going abroad may also want to take advantage of AIG World Risk Assist® and the iJet World Cue Traveler programs as well as use the Foreign Traveler Summary/Explanation form made available by Western.


Special conditions must be met

Western Michigan University cannot authorize employee travel on university business to the following countries without special conditions. For a list of these countries go to: