It is important to have the proper documentation ready for your trip abroad. It is recommended that the traveler makes two copies of all of the documentation. One set with accompany the traveler on the trip and another set should be left with someone in the states. This includes such things as:
- Airline tickets.
- Corrective lens prescriptions.
- Credit card numbers.
- Driver's licenses.
- Insurance cards.
- Passport—Obtaining a passport is necessary when traveling on international flights. Check out the U.S. Department of State website for the following:
- How to apply?
- How to get your passport in a hurry?
- Where to apply?
- What is the application processing times?
- Already applied for a passport? Check status online.
- Renewing your passport.
- Lost or stolen passports.
Passport card—this new travel document can be used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry. U.S. passport card cannot be used for international air travel.
- Visa—if you are traveling abroad you may need a Visa to enter the country of destination.
Please visit the U.S. Department of State's website for the various documentation that meet your circumstances.