We recognize that the visit experience is an important part of choosing the right college for you. Western Michigan University and the Haworth College of Business are prepared to offer both virtual and in-person options for your campus visit.
IN-PERSON VISIT TO WMU AND THE HAWORTH COLLEGE OF BUSINESS
Our WMU admissions team is hosting small in-person tours for prospective students and family members while also being conscious of safety measures and physical distancing for our campus community and guests. Those who choose the in-person tour at our campus in Kalamazoo will have the option of visiting the Haworth College of Business (available Monday through Friday) as part of their experience.
Prospective students who choose this option will experience a student-led, 60-minute walking tour of WMU’s campus, as well as a visit to the Haworth College of Business. Your college of business tour will include:
- An overview of our facilities in Schneider Hall.
- Information about our nationally recognized programs and majors.
- Details about student resources, internships, scholarships and experiential learning opportunities.
- A Q&A session with a representative from the college.
Before your visit
All visitors are required to register for a tour in advance. To allow for proper social distancing, families are limited to three members: the prospective student and two guests. Face coverings are required and should be worn at all times, including during the tour. You may review WMU’s facial covering policy online. After registering for the tour, you will receive specific information about campus arrival and check-in location via email. Our campus visitor guidelines can also be viewed online.
PERSONALIZED VIRTUAL EXPERIENCE OF THE HAWORTH COLLEGE OF BUSINESS
Prospective students who wish to experience the Haworth College of Business virtually can register for a personalized one-on-one session with Scott VanAvery, manager of recruitment and outreach. Whether you choose to meet via video or phone, you will have all your questions answered and learn why so many outstanding students call the Haworth College of Business home.
Prospective students who choose this option will receive:
- A personalized, one-on-one virtual session about the college.
- Information about your major(s) of choice.
- Details about student resources, internships, scholarships and experiential learning opportunities that fit your needs and interests.
- A Q&A session with Scott VanAvery, manager of recruitment and outreach.
If choosing this option, be sure to select “prospective high school student” from the registration menu.
Whether in-person or virtual, we look forward to your visit to the Haworth College of Business!
- 17 majors, challenging curriculum, personalized experience.
- 9 of 10 of graduates employed or in grad school within three months.
- Comprehensive services all in one building—specialized classrooms and computing labs, faculty and academic advising, a business focused career center and more!
- Incoming students are automatically considered for merit and need-based scholarships.
"With so many choices of where to attend college, the quote, 'Go to where you grow' is how we chose WMU as Sam’s home away from home. She had many high points during her journey as a business student. Sam is currently taking classes toward her MBA at Western, with a target graduation date of next summer, when she will then start her dream job at E. & J. Gallo!"—Amy McGrath, parent to Sam McGrath