Helping to connect employers with talent and resources is our passion. WMU business students bring immediate value to organizations. We believe in practice, so our students get a thorough grounding in subject matter, the chance to apply what they have learned in several contexts and the ability to practice the soft skills that employers cite as extremely important to job success.
Posting a position
Job postings are listed on Handshake. Here is what you need to know:
- If you do not have an account, you may create one by visiting wmich.joinhandshake.com and clicking the Handshake logo. Then click "Need an Account." Handshake will walk you through the process of creating an account.
- If you already have a Handshake account, you may log in and add Western Michigan University by clicking "Schools" on the left-hand sidebar, then clicking "Search Schools" in the top right. Find Western and click "Request Access."
- Questions? Visit our Handshake Frequently Asked Questions page or call us at (269) 387-2711.
Our employer relations team will consult with you on designing a recruitment strategy tailored to your needs. Your goals are important to us, and we work with you to help develop a talent pipeline for your organization.
You will be able to connect with students at a variety of career events throughout the year—the college of business talent pool includes 4,000 students representing 18 majors as well as graduate programs.
- Handshake is the job posting site for Western Michigan University
- On-campus interview program
- Networking and professional development events
- Career fairs
- Zhang Career Center calendar of events
- Internship information for employers
- Western Michigan University Post-Graduation Activity Report
- Registered Student Organizations
We work with our students to develop their professionalism. We consistently underscore the importance of professional behavior regarding the need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, punctuality and overall conduct. We have policies in place for students who do not meet expectations and consequences for not demonstrating professional conduct.
For more information about recruiting events and strategies, contact us at (269) 387-2711.