Western Michigan University's Haworth College of Business is the academic home to more than 3,500 undergraduate students majoring in 16 specialized areas. An additional 300 graduate students study business administration and accountancy. The college offers certificate programs in supply chain and cybersecurity.
WMU Haworth is among an elite group of fewer than 5 percent of business schools worldwide that are accredited at both the undergraduate and graduate levels by the AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. It is among a select 1 percent of business schools worldwide that have additional specialized AACSB accreditation for their accountancy programs.
The college is housed in Schneider Hall on WMU's main campus in Kalamazoo. The facility, named for founding dean Dr. Arnold Schneider, is adjacent to the Fetzer Center, forming a unique and outstanding business education complex.
To empower learners to build knowledge and develop skills to make a difference.
To be the unparalleled leader in transformational business education, applied research and community partnerships.
We are aligned with WMU's core values of being community-engaged, discovery-driven, equity-centered, learner-focused and sustainability-guided.
- Goal 1: Deliver distinctive learning experiences that foster success: We will provide high-quality educational opportunities and accessible student services, while fostering outstanding relationships among our students, faculty and staff.
- Goal 2: Drive innovative learning and societal impact: We will continue to engage our students in innovative and experiential learning and service.
- Goal 3: Facilitate discovery and create new knowledge: We will support, conduct and deliver research that expands the field of knowledge in the discipline and generates value and insight for business practitioners.
- Goal 4: Advance diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging: We will recruit and retain diverse students, staff and faculty populations and provide inclusive teaching, learning and service opportunities.
- Goal 5: Implement economically sustainable practices and policies: We will implement effective practices and processes to use our resources judiciously and reduce our environmental footprint.