$2,000 per year ($1,000 in each fall and spring semesters), renewable for up to four years, totaling $8,000.
- Any first-time, domestic, freshmen degree-seeking student admitted to Western Michigan University.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale upon admission.
- Must declare a major in College of Engineering and Applied Sciences.
- Application and essay must be submitted or postmarked no later than February 15th and must answer the following questions:
- Explain the role of multiculturalism in today's global society.
- What roles have multicultural experiences played in your life, and how will those experiences help you in college and career?
- How do you see WMU CEAS enhancing your multicultural experience and awareness?
To submit your essay, go to WMU Scholarship Universe.
Scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis. Top candidates from the pool will be considered for scholarships based on appropriateness of essay and academic profile. Financial need based on the submission of FAFSA may also be considered.
- Scholarship recipients are required to maintain a 3.0 grade point at WMU
- Scholarship recipients must be enrolled full time (12 credit hours/semester) at WMU *some exclusions may apply*
- Scholarship recipients must maintain a major in CEAS