College of Engineering and Applied Sciences
4601 Campus Drive
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
In case of a medical emergency
Call 911 and WMU Department of Public Safety (269) 387-5555.
Ask a person to notify the appropriate department office:
- Chemical and Paper Engineering – A-217
- Electrical and Computer Engineering – B-236
- Computer Science – B-237
- Industrial and Entrepreneurial Engineering and Engineering Management – F-232
- Engineering Design, Manufacturing and Management Systems – F-232
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering – F-234
- Construction and Civil Engineering – G-253
Ask a person to meet the emergency responders at the main entrance near the spire and guide them to the correct location.
In case of a tornado
Tornado shelters are located on the first floor and marked with signage near study areas, stairwells and bathrooms.
In case of a fire
Evacuate the building and go to one of the designated reassembly areas outside. The reassembly areas are located at the far corners of the parking garage, the northeast corner of the parking lot or in the front of the building.
DO NOT use elevators in the event of a fire.
If you discover a fire, pull the closest fire pull. Fire pulls are located in multiple locations throughout the building.
Fire extinguishers are located in the main hallways in marked wall cabinets.
Police call boxes are clearly marked with signage and blue lights. With the push of a button, the call boxes automatically dial 911, connecting directly to the WMU Public Safety Department.
Defibrillator machines are located in the building in marked wall cabinets. The machines should only be operated by trained personnel.
Emergency phone numbers
911 from a cell phone will contact Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety
(269) 387-5555 will contact WMU Department of Public Safety
(269) 337-8994 Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety