Events and Calendar
For information on any Western Michigan University College of Engineering and Applied Sciences events, contact the Office of the Dean at (269) 276-3253 or send us an email.
- Passport Day: Monday, Aug. 28, from 1:30 to 4 p.m.
- First day of classes: Wednesday, Aug. 30
- Labor Day: Monday, Sept. 4 (no classes/no labs)
- Welcome back picnic at Floyd Hall: Wednesday, Sept. 6, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Professional headshot sessions: Monday, Sept. 18, from Noon to 5 p.m. and Tuesday, Sept. 19, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in D-120 Floyd Hall
- Engineering Expo: Wednesday, Sept. 20, from 1 to 4:30 p.m. (no classes during event)
- Fall all-hands meeting: Friday, Oct. 6, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- College of Engineering and Applied Sciences Alumni Awards: Friday, Oct. 13
- Homecoming: Saturday, Oct. 14
- Midterm grades due: Monday, Oct. 16
- Fall break: Wednesday through Friday, Oct. 18-20
- Thanksgiving break: Wednesday through Friday, Nov. 22-24
- Innovation Expo: Friday, Dec. 1
- Fall Senior Engineering Design Conference presentations: Tuesday, Dec. 5 (no classes during presentations)
- Fall final exam week: Monday through Friday, Dec. 11-15
- Fall commencement: Saturday, Dec. 16
- Fall final grades due: Tuesday, Dec. 19, at noon
- Winter holiday closure: Friday, Dec. 22, 2023 through Tuesday, Jan. 2, 2024 (inclusive)