- Park director/ranger
- Professional sports teams
- Facility/team manager
- Collegiate athletic director
- Camp director/staff
- Interscholastic sports athletic director
- Sport law/media
- YMCA staff
Recreation Management Concentration – B.S.
This program is offered in-person.
Western Michigan University's Department of Human Performance and Health Education recreation management concentration prepares students for leadership or administrative roles in public, non-profit, commercial and recreational sport organizations. The electives in this program allow for student flexibility in preparing for employment in any of the different areas in the fields of recreation and sport. Students will complete a supervised practicum and internship experience.
86% 86% of 2021-22 graduates were actively engaged within three months of graduation.
100% 100% of recreation management students complete an internship or field experience.
Minor Built-in minor in business, coaching, journalism, event management and more.
NASSM Designed to meet or exceed national standards set forth by the NASSM accrediting body.
Engage with the industry
(from left to right)
- Dr. Colin Cork, Assistant Professor of Sport Management
- Dr. James Lewis, Associate Professor of Sport Management, Undergraduate Program Coordinator
- Deborah Droppers, Event Management Program Coordinator
- Dr. Geumchan Hwang, Associate Professor of Sport Management, Graduate Program Coordinator