Visiting Scholar Information

The sponsored J-1 Exchange Visitor visa is utilized for most invitations extended by Western Michigan University for academic visits. In some instances, the B-1/B-2 Visitor visa may be used by individuals to visit WMU to attend a seminar or meeting or to give a lecture. See the following links for comprehensive information about each visa type.