- Termination of COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- Enrollment Requirements
- Visa/Consulate Updates
- Additional Resources
- President Biden announced the termination of the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Public Health Emergency, effective on May 11, 2023, following the termination of the COVID-19 National Emergency on April 10, 2023.
- The Student and Exchange Visitor Program's (SEVP) COVID-19 guidance is terminated as of May 11, 2023.
- International students will not be permitted to count online classes toward a full course of study in excess of the regulatory limits stated in 8 CFR 214.2(f)(6)(i)(G) and 8 CFR 214.2(m)(9)(v) for the 2023-24 academic year.
- Academic students:
For international students enrolled in classes for credit or classroom hours, no more than the equivalent of one class or three credits per session, term, semester, trimester, or quarter may be counted toward the full course of study requirement if the class is taken on-line or through distance education.
Courses that are coded as Hybrid in the WMU course catalog which require the student's physical attendance for classes, examination or other purposes integral to completion of the class, are not deemed “online” and will be counted toward status.
- CELCIS - English as a Second Language students:
If the student's course of study is in a language study program, then no on-line or distance education classes count toward the full course of study requirement.
For questions, please inquire with International Student and Scholar Services (I3S) by calling (269) 387-5865 or emailing email@example.com.
Consular posts are scheduling student visa appointments. In some cases expedited appointments or visa interview waivers may apply.
- Inquire with your consulate for visa scheduling at usembassy.gov.
- View current estimated visa wait times at travel.state.gov.
- Review WMU I3S News for related news and updates.
- Immigration Update: Coronavirus (list of travel advisories around the world)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) situation summary