Future Students

Photo of professor in lab with studentWhat type of visa do I need to study?

When students are admitted to Western Michigan University, they receive a certificate of eligibility to apply for either an F-1 or J-1 student visa.

For frequently asked questions about the online DS-160 nonimmigrant visa electronic application, visit the U.S. Department of State website.

For information regarding specific visa types, please choose one of the following: