Congratulations and welcome to the Center for English Language and Culture for International Students (CELCIS) at Western Michigan University! We are excited that you chose WMU and we look forward to meeting you at the International Student Orientation.
- Register for International Student Orientation
- Complete the Pre-Arrival Guide
- Attend International Student Orientation
|Entry Semester||Orientation Dates||Location||CELCIS Classes|
|Summer 2019||May 2-3||WMU Bernhard Center||Classes begin May 6|
|Summer II 2019||Jun 27-28||WMU Bernhard Center||Classes begin July 1|
|Fall 2019||Aug 21-23||WMU Bernhard Center||Classes begin Aug 28|
|Spring 2020||Jan 3-4||WMU Bernhard Center||Classes begin Jan 6|
All new students are required to attend the International Student Orientation.
WMU's Bernhard Center
Visit here for a campus map or directions to the Bernhard Center.
- Placement testing
- Campus tour
- Information sessions
- Shopping trip
- Assistance with banking
- Assistance with housing
- Social events
If you have an emergency and will not arrive in Kalamazoo for the first day of orientation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All students (new and returning) who are unable to arrive on time should understand the following:
- Students must notify the CELCIS director by email and receive permission to arrive late.
- Late arrival for ANY reason may have a negative effect on the students progress during that semester.
- All students who begin classes after the start of the semester, for any reason, will be counted absent for the classes they have missed.
- Students who arrive late without permission may not be able to study.