Use the following checklist to make sure you are ready to depart for Western Michigan University!
- Activate your WMU account and log in to your WMU email with the link you receive from the Office of Information Technology (OIT) (this is required for course registration). Check your WMU email frequently!
- Complete International Student Orientation online modules and tasks. You will receive instructions via email.
- Register with Disability Services for Students (if applicable).
- Study for your math placement exam (if applicable).
Travel and Logistics
Complete the online Western Michigan University Pre-Arrival Guide modules—you are doing this right now!
- Obtain your visa.
- Make housing arrangements for your study at WMU.
- Arrange your finances.
- Make travel arrangements to Kalamazoo.
- Make arrangements for accommodations if you will arrive before your move-in date.
- Review and be prepared to comply with WMU's "Vaccination and Traveling from International Locations" protocol
- Review WMU's TB testing requirements
- Make health insurance arrangements
- Schedule and complete dental work (if applicable)