Introduction to Customer Discovery training provides entrepreneurs an opportunity to learn about customer discovery interview process and business model design. The customer interview process is one of the first steps in commercialization of any product or technology. This course will encompass the two main concepts for the first step in any commercialization process. This course will encompass the two main concepts for NSF I-Corps, namely value proposition and customer segmentation. There is no registration cost for a team to attend this program.
The course is a joint sponsorship with Michigan Technological University and Western Michigan University. This collaboration provides for eligibility for teams to participate in the national I-Corps program sponsored by NSF.
Next Application Deadline: To Be Announced
Here is a sample of the fall schedule.
ICD Training Course is 5-weeks in length.
|TBD||2 hours||Kick Off Workshop: Introduction, Business Model Canvas Overview, Best Practices||Zoom Meeting|
|TBD||2 hours||Competitive Mapping, Archetype, Ecosystem discussions|
|TBD||flexible||Teams independently interview potential customers||Asynchronous|
|2 hours||TAM, SAM, and Target Market||Zoom Meeting|
|TBD||2 hours||Team presentations and closing comments|
Benefits of ICD training
- Start-up companies can start on a strategic path by identifying target markets and customers
- Understand market trends and market needs of potential customers
- Develop product the customer needs
- Improve the chances for commercial success
- Gain invaluable networking opportunities with the instructor, peers, customers and mentors
- Upon completion of the training, the team will be eligible to participate in the national NSF I-Corps team grant
- Helps prepare for application to SBIR or STTR programs
Updates coming soon