Link to current COVID-19 information as it relates to WMU researchers.
Federal and state of Michigan rules and regulations require Western Michigan University to assure that exposure to radiation is ALARA—as low as reasonably achievable. The Radiation Safety Policy sets forth the means by which the University complies with applicable rules and regulations. The Radiation Safety Policy further stipulates the duties and responsibilities for the development, implementation and oversight to ensure the safe use of radiation.
- Administrative controls program
- Emergency plan
- Instrumentation and dosimetry program
- Quality control program
- Radiological controls
- Source inventory and control
- Transportation of radioactive material
- Waste management
- MIOSHA Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs—Radiation Safety
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- U.S. Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Submit a Concern
Use the WMU Reporting Hotline. Choose “Make a Report” at the top of the page.
James F. Center
Radiation Safety Officer