Welcome to HPCHub
The Office of Research and Innovation has purchased access to the new MSU computing cluster which we are calling HPCHub.
This system is currently available to WMU faculty and graduate students under the supervision of a faculty mentor who is also an authorized user. Undergraduate students will be considered on a case-by-case basis for a specific project and must have a faculty mentor. We encourage you to request access before buying computing off site or building on-site systems with less capacity.
- Faculty and staff can request access and accounts by applying at the below link. Please note the description should include a brief statement of the planned usage. https://itdirect.wmich.edu/WorkOrder.do?woMode=newWO&reqTemplate=18001
- Graduate students can submit a request for access after their mentor has obtained approval for the system and their mentor has sent an email to email@example.com describing the student’s need and experience and received approval for the student to apply. Undergraduate students should have their mentor contact Dr. Kinzy prior to any discussion of access.
- A brochure that describes the supercomputer and ICER services that are available: https://icer.msu.edu/sites/default/files/ICER_Info_Brochure_2020.pdf
- Some technical information on the 2020 cluster, including usage and optimization information: https://wiki.hpcc.msu.edu/display/ITH/Cluster+amd20+with+AMD+CPU
- Significant helpful information is also available at https://kb.oakland.edu/uts/MSU_iCER_HPCC_Research_Cluster
Joel Fletcher in OIT serves as the WMU liaison to ICER, any other questions should be directed to Terri Goss Kinzy.
From the users WMU plans to develop a computing group to advise ORI on HPC at WMU.
MSU is hosting a hands-on introductory workshop on May 12, 2021 on using MSU’s High Performance Computing Center (HPCC) to which WMU has access to. If interested to see how this "super computer" can positively affect your research, please attend!