The Office of Research and Innovation is ready to accept submissions for plans to restart research. Please note at this time the Governor’s executive order does not allow for creative scholarship. The WMU process is available at InfoReady at https://wmich.infoready4.com/ and all supporting documents including FAQs are available at the site.
- This is a PHASED plan and for phase 2 (planning and submitting the request) and phase 3 (limited restart) all faculty can submit their request.
- The plan is guided by a number of goals and principles and will not allow for a 100% return of all research, closer to 25% occupancy.
- All work that can continue remotely must do so, and no undergraduates are allowed at this time.
- Faculty are strongly encouraged to limit the number of returning people in the lab to start and focus on senior staff and students.
- All buildings will not open at once and some buildings may remain closed for a period of time.
- All outdoor field work can be submitted.
- Work cannot start until final approval is obtained from the Vice President for Research and Innovation.
We thank the dedicated faculty who participated in the pilot phase for making this a much-improved process.
Plans to restart creative scholarship in the fine arts are being accepted effective June 11, 2020.