OVPR is pleased to announce the Budgets, Backstops and Beyond Workshop for departmental administrators and other staff who are interested in learning more about the life cycle of a grant from proposal to award to closeout. The goal is to empower departmental staff and give them the knowledge, resources, and contacts in OVPR that will be useful when a grant is awarded. The breakfast workshop is scheduled for Tuesday, July 23, from 8:30 - 10 a.m.
Have you ever wondered why a grant award does not have funds budgeted for admin support? Or what to do if you need to process a graduate student appointment and the grant is not officially awarded yet? Come have breakfast with OVPR staff and your colleagues from across campus and get these and other important questions about grant administration answered.
You will learn:
- How budgets are developed at the proposal stage including allowable costs, direct costs, and why F&A matters
- Connect the pieces of the budgeting puzzle, pre award estimates to actual spending
- Tips on interpreting GLOW for grants
- Quick guide for what forms to use for what situation
- Who to contact in OVPR when you have questions
Invitations will be emailed directly to staff in early July. We view this as a great opportunity for our office to collaborate with you and your staff to advance research and creative scholarship at the University.
Thank you for your continued partnership as we work to support and grow research at WMU.