Student Forms

Student Handbooks

Advising Forms

     WMU and KCC have established an articulation agreement, which means we have mutually agreed on a list of classes that WMU has approved to transfer into our BSW program. This list includes both general pre-requisite courses as well as human        services courses that qualify for transfer. 
     Every MSW student is required to complete a concentration form prior to registering for concentration (advanced) courses. This form alerts our office to give you access to those courses in registration. Please complete this form and bring to the                social work offices in CHHS suite #4425 or email to
     A certification is not required. However, if you elect to complete a certification, please complete this form and bring to the social work offices in CHHS suite #4425 or email to
     A specialization is not required. However, if you elect to complete a specialization, please complete this form and bring to the social work offices in CHHS suite #4425 or email to 
     All independent study courses should be proposed to the curriculum committee chair. Please contact to identify this years' committee chair and their contact information.
               5970 SAMPLE
              5980 SAMPLE

              7100 SAMPLE

    Use this form to request departmental approval for courses you completed outside the WMU School of Social Work that you want to count towards your required coursework.
    This form is not necessary for the approval of electives. Electives that meet level and grade requirements, per WMU transfer credit policies, can be approved by your advisor and indicated on your program plan. Additionally, students need to have the credits transferred onto their transcript through the registrar's office. Undergraduate students can learn more about the process here. Graduate students will need to fill out this form from the Registrar's Office in addition to the above departmental form.

     If you need to take a break from the program for any reason, please fill out this form and email Graduate students will also need to include a Graduate College leave of absence form, and an adjusted program plan with      anticipated return semesters included.


M.S.W. program plan forms

The below program plan forms are a tool for you to help track your progress towards graduation. New students should fill one out with their advisor and submit to the Office of Admissions and Student Services at Not sure who your advisor is? Email Most required courses are offered only in the terms they are recommended to be taken, so please check with your advisor before planning on taking a course in an alternate term to make sure it is offered.

In order to be eligible for graduation, a program schedule must be completed, signed by your advisor, and sent to the registrar before the deadline (you also need to apply to graduate). You can take a hard copy of the form in person to their offices in Seibert Administration Building on main campus, mail a hard copy to Western Michigan University, Attn: Registrar's Office, 1903 W. Michigan Ave, Kalamazoo MI 49008-5256 USA.  For more information about graduation, please visit the Registrar's Graduation website.


 Advanced Competency Compendium (ACC) 

The Advanced Competency Compendium is a collection of completed work from concentration courses that demonstrate students' competencies. Make sure to save digital copies of each ACC assignment in all concentration level courses as you complete them. The full ACC will be submitted in your SWRK 6900 course. Instructions for how to compile this collection and complete the cover sheet, as well as how it will be graded, are included in the document below. The ACC will be used as aggregate data to report to our accrediting body, CSWE, around the outcomes of our program. 

Advanced Competency Compendium Instructions