Concentration and Specialization or Graduate Certificate Survey
Transfer Credit Forms
Independent or One person Section Course Request Forms
Leave of Absence
If you need to take a break from the program for any reason, please fill out this form and email Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org. Graduate students will also need to include a Graduate College leave of absence form, and an adjusted program plan with anticipated return semesters included.
M.S.W. program plan forms
The below program plan forms are a tool for you to help track your progress towards graduation. New students should fill one out with their advisor and submit to the Office of Admissions and Student Services at email@example.com. Not sure who your advisor is? Email SWRKfirstname.lastname@example.org. Most required courses are offered only in the terms they are recommended to be taken, so please check with your advisor before planning on taking a course in an alternate term to make sure it is offered.
In order to be eligible for graduation, a program schedule must be completed, signed by your advisor, and sent to the registrar before the deadline (you also need to apply to graduate). You can take a hard copy of the form in person to their offices in Seibert Administration Building on main campus, mail a hard copy to Western Michigan University, Attn: Registrar's Office, 1903 W. Michigan Ave, Kalamazoo MI 49008-5256 USA. For more information about graduation, please visit the Registrar's Graduation website.
The below hyperlinks will download an editable pdf with drop down lists for each of the fillable fields. For a blank, print-friendly version without the drop downs, select the "printable version" option.
- Full-time advanced-standing program: clinical social work (printable version)
- Full-time advanced-standing program: policy, planning and administration (printable version)
- Part-time advanced-standing program: clinical social work (printable version)
- Part-time advanced-standing program: policy, planning, and administration (printable version)
- Full-time program: clinical social work (printable version)
- Full-time program: policy, planning and administration (printable version)
- Extended-study program: clinical social work (printable version)
- Extended-study program: policy, planning and administration (printable version)
Advanced Competency Compendium (ACC)
The Advanced Competency Compendium is a collection of completed work from MSW concentration courses that demonstrate students' competencies. Make sure to save digital copies of each ACC assignment in all concentration level courses as you complete them. The full ACC will be submitted in your SWRK 6900 course. Instructions for how to compile this collection and complete the cover sheet, as well as how it will be graded, are included in the document below. The ACC will be used as aggregate data to report to our accrediting body, CSWE, around the outcomes of our program.