A sensory-friendly performance for families with special needs
March 9, 1:00 p.m.
WMU Theatre is proud to present an exclusive showing of The Dancing Granny for guests on the autism spectrum and with other special needs who may benefit from a sensory-friendly performance.
- With support from the Kalamazoo Autism Center of WMU, we will provide a welcoming and supportive environment with trained staff, actors, and ushers.
- The lighting and sound will be adjusted to provide a more sensory friendly experience.
- A pre-show opportunity will be provided for patrons to get up close to the actors in costume.
- A quiet space will be available.
- The show is 45 minutes long with no intermission. Guests will be able to come and go from the theatre as needed.
- Download the social story below to prepare to prepare for the experience.
Come play with us one hour before the show for family activity time!
ABOUT THE SHOW
A dancing, folktale adventure featuring Anansi, the clever spider from West African folklore. But Anansi may have met his match when he enters the garden of the Dancing Granny! This production will come alive with traditional African drumming and dance, creating infectious fun for the whole family!
Tickets for this performance are $10. Visit us at the box office at the Gilmore Theatre Complex or call 269-387-6222 to order tickets. Call Emily Duguay at (269) 387-3227 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.