The Department of Biological Sciences at Western Michigan University works closely with its undergraduate and graduate students throughout their education. The following forms are used by the department, the Graduate College or the Registrar's Office. Please note that the links will take you to the appropriate web page where you will find the applicable and current form.

Permission to elect procedure


The Department of Biological Sciences has updated its Permission to Elect procedures. All steps listed below must be followed to receive departmental approval to register for your classes.

  1. Fill out the appropriate PTE form completely and obtain all signatures required. This can be done electronically.
  2. Email completed form to Stephanie Stanton:
  3. After adding departmental approval, a confirmation email will be sent to your WMU account with instructions on how to self-register for classes.

You must submit a new PTE form each semester.

Permission to elect forms

Graduate forms

 Delayed Tuition Remission Waiver 

  • Found here under "Assistantships"

 Under-enrollment Form

  • Found here under "Assistantships"

Voucher FORMS

  • Need to be reimbursed? Choose "Generic Voucher" for non-travel purchases and "Travel Expanse Voucher" for travel purchases under the "Accounts Payable Forms" section. 
  • Completed forms with attached receipts should be sent to your office administrators. Only purchases approved for reimbursement by the department are eligible. 
  • Need help filling out these forms? Check out these guides (Generic Voucher Guide, TEV Guide) or stop by the Biological Sciences' office! 

Other resources