The Professional Skills Program (PSP) helps students in the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences develop their skills in areas such as professional communication, teamwork, leadership and conflict resolution to better prepare them for success in the workplace. Students selected to participate in the program are paired with a professional mentor with whom they will meet with at least twice per month during the academic year. They also participate in regular workshops and meetings on professional topics. At least one session will be available per month and PSP participants must attend at least two per semester. Students who successfully complete the PSP will receive a certificate of completion and a letter of acknowledgement from the dean of the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences.
- Spring/Summer—Apply by July 15 to participate in the Professional Skills Program by for the upcoming academic year.
- Late Summer—Student participants notified of acceptance into the program.
- Early Fall—Kickoff training and expectations session (required).
- Academic Year—Participants meet with their assigned mentor at least twice per month and attend at least two professional skills sessions per semester (required).
- Late Spring—End-of-year celebration (optional but encouraged)