Forms for students in the educational leadership Ph.D. program in the Department of Educational Leadership, Research and Technology at Western Michigan University:
- Third committee member form—
If your proposed third outside person is not a Western Michigan University faculty member with current graduate faculty status, then he or she will need to obtain temporary associate graduate faculty status. This is accomplished by completing this form (see these directions) and emailing it, along with that person's vitae, to your advisor or Lynda Root.
- Applying for graduation—must be done months in advance.
- Creating or revising your dissertation committee
All students must complete this form, listing the names of their proposed dissertation committee members and obtaining their signatures.
Note: It is OK to distribute this form by fax or PDF to members as needed to obtain all signatures on a single form. The approval process for this form may take four or more weeks to complete.
- Doctoral candidacy form
Students should complete this form and bring it to their dissertation proposal meeting with their full committee.
- Dissertation signature pages (contact Linda Walters who will create these pages for you)
- Dissertation submission check-in form
- Graduate readmission application—for those not taking classes for a year or more, they must now reapply via WMU's online application system (and check "readmission" under application type within the system).
- Human subjects institutional review board approval forms
- Registration for EDLD comprehensive exams
- Request for program extension
- Request for student leave—for medical or other reasons.
- Scheduling your dissertation defense (work with Linda Walters to secure room and submit the form)