The information below is a list of graduate programs offered through the College of Education and Human Development's Department of Educational Leadership, Research and Technology at Western Michigan University.
New multi-year plan of courses posted for every program in the ELRT Department! Before developing a Program of Study, visit the new plans. If courses have changed names, or the new plans seem to present some challenges for you to graduate on time, do not worry—contact your academic advisor in the department. That individual will address your concerns.
- Educational and Instructional Technology
- Central Office Endorsement (K12 Educational Leadership)
- Higher Education and Student Affairs
- Mixed-Methods Research
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Educational and Instructional Technology—M.A.
- Educational Leadership—M.A.
- Evaluation, Measurement and Research—M.A.
- Organizational Change Leadership—M.A.
- Specialist in Education—Ed.S.
- Educational Leadership—Ph.D.
- Higher Education Leadership
- K-12 Leadership
- Organizational Analysis Leadership
- Workforce Education and Development
- Evaluation, Measurement and Research—Ph.D.
- Education and Human Development—Ph.D.
Academic writing support
The College of Education and Human Development offers a variety of special-topics writing workshops for graduate students who would benefit from focused attention on core academic writing issues. For some students, these elective/no-credit workshops may be helpful refreshers, for others they may be much-needed specific instruction. Topics include Effective Writing and Citing to Avoid Plagiarism, Literature Review Structure and Purpose, and Analysis vs. Synthesis in Academic Writing, among others.
APA Style Resources
As social science scholars, CEHD students are expected to write in accordance with the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA) (7th edition). In addition to attending one of the twice-yearly APA workshops, students can become experts in APA writing style by downloading and using the CEHD APA style resources.