MASTER OF ARTS
- Bachelor's degree with GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred.
- Resume or curriculum vita.
- Written statement (1000 words) describing your technology and computer skills and background, career goals and educational philosophy as it relates to educational and instructional technology.
- Education history and transcripts.
- English language proficiency scores (international applicants).
- More details
"Working in a solely virtual environment through WMU allowed me to collaborate with a variety of individuals, forced me to problem solve, meet deadlines and creatively master and execute ideas that would eventually aid in my success. I chose WMU because of its reputation and the end product they would create."Monique Colizzi, Business and Risk Management Instructor
This program is offered online and hybrid.
WMU’s Master of Arts in Educational and Instructional Technology is designed for individuals seeking to become technology leaders and trainers in corporations, K-12 education, higher education, nonprofits and other organizations. This program is offered entirely or primarily online. The degree will prepare you for leadership roles in the support and training of others in learning organizations.
We also offer a certificate program.
Upcoming information sessions:
Join us for a virtual information session to learn more about our excellent master's and certificate programs.
Why Educational and Instructional Technology at Western Michigan University?
- Program Flexibility
- Course Customization
- Practical and Applied Knowledge
- Expert Faculty and Instructors
- Optional study abroad programs
- Optional WMU Signature Designation
Who should apply?
People interested in becoming a technology leader and trainer in their field. Find admissions details here.
The Educational and Instructional Technology program options are designed to lead to a career in educational and instructional technology by helping to prepare you for jobs such as:
- Curriculum coordinator
- Curriculum instruction director
- Educational and Instructional Technology coordinator
- Instructional system specialist
Cost & Funding
- Tuition and fees
- Cost of attendance
- Employer-paid tuition
- Military and veterans
- College of Education and Human Development
- Frequently asked questions about Educational and Instructional Technology
- International Admissions and Services
- Graduate College
- Office of Military and Veterans Affairs
- Our students
- Visit Campus