The Graduate Certificate in Evaluation is designed to prepare students to understand and work on evaluation teams and with evaluation-related activities. The Certificate consists of five, three-credit hour courses (15 total credit hours). Students who complete the program will be able to work on evaluation teams and with evaluation-related activities in the workplace as well as in external evaluations.
The courses include:
- EMR 5400: Fundamentals of Evaluation, Measurement, and Research
- EMR 6420: Evaluation I: Theory, Methods and Program Evaluation
- EMR 6430: Evaluation II: Evaluating Products, Personnel, and Policy
- EMR 6500: Survey Research
- EMR 6520: Evaluation Practicum
The Graduate Certificate programs are designed primarily for graduate students at Western Michigan University who are not Evaluation, Measurement and Research majors.
Applicants are expected to:
- Be a WMU graduate student in good standing
- Submit a one-page statement explaining interest in this certificate
- Submit three letters of professional recommendation