Graduate Certificate in Qualitative Research Methods
The Graduate Certificate in Qualitative Research prepares students with skills in qualitative inquiry design and analysis able to generate, collect, prepare, and analyze the expanding array of qualitative data, and to produce written reports aligned with the expectations of their specific disciplinary audience. This certificate program consists of five, three-credit hour courses (15 total credit hours). Graduate students in this applied program will develop knowledge and skills related to designing, conducting, and analyzing qualitative research.
The courses include:
- EMR 6480: Qualitative Research Methods
- EMR 6580: Qualitative Practicum
- EMR 6680 Qualitative Research: Computer Assisted Data Analysis
- EMR 6770 Ethnographic Research Methods
- EMR 6560: Mixed Methods Research
The EMR Graduate Certificate programs are designed primarily for individuals who are looking to expand their knowledge and experience through extended graduate coursework in one of the three certificate areas.
- Official transcripts demonstrating completion of bachelor's degree and any graduate coursework completed
- One-page page statement explaining interest in this certificate
- Three letters of professional recommendation
- English proficiency test scores are required for international students if previous degree (s) were earned from a non-English instructional institution
- Applications do not require graduate test scores