- Resume or curriculum vita.
- 1000 word statement explaining technology and computer skills and background, career goals and educational philosophy as it relates to educational and instructional technology.
- Education history and transcripts.
- Three professional letters of reference.
- More details.
"The professors are very knowledgeable and work well with the students in helping them relate the course work to the students’ career goals. The professors made a difference to me because you could see that they were bringing into the classroom real world experiences."Billy Clayton, Army ROTC Scholarship and Enrollment Officer
This program is offered online and hybrid.
WMU’s Graduate Certificate in Educational and Instructional Technology is designed for individuals interested in improving their skills and knowledge in the strategic use and application of technology tools to help people learn in a variety of contexts including corporations, K-12 education, higher education, nonprofits and other organizations. Credits earned in the Graduate Certificate program can be applied to a Master of Arts degree if you decide to continue your studies. The Graduate Certification Educational and Instructional Technology allows you the flexibility to participate in and complete most or all of your coursework online. Some students enroll in elective courses that are offered on campus, providing some program flexibility.
We also offer a master's degree.
Upcoming information sessions:
Join us for a virtual information session to learn more about our excellent master's and certificate programs.
Why Educational and Instructional Technology at Western Michigan University?
- Program Flexibility
- Course Customization
- Practical and Applied Knowledge
- Expert Faculty and Instructors
- Optional study abroad programs
- Optional WMU Signature Designation
Who should apply?
Teachers who are seeking to advance in their careers by obtaining a master’s degree, who would like to learn about second language acquisition theories and teaching methodologies, who desire to become a district ESL coach or coordinator (requires MDE ESL endorsement), and/or who plan to teach in English language institutes for international students in colleges and universities.
The Educational and Instructional Technology program options are designed to lead to a career in educational and instructional technology by helping to prepare you for jobs such as:
- Curriculum coordinator
- Curriculum instruction director
- Educational and Instructional Technology coordinator
- Instructional system specialist
Cost & Funding
- Tuition and fees
- Cost of attendance
- Employer-paid tuition
- Military and veterans
- College of Education and Human Development
- Academic Advising
- International Admissions and Services
- Graduate College
- Office of Military and Veterans Affairs
- Visit Campus
Dr. Brian Horvitz, Program Coordinator