Thank you for your interest in contributing to the Department of Educational Leadership, Research and Technology in the College of Education and Human Development at Western Michigan University. There are several ways in which you can complete a gift transaction. The most common gift is a cash gift, however gifts may be given in the form of personal property, real estate, stock, bonds or insurance policies. The giving of an appreciated asset can save the donor many dollars in taxes.
Types of gifts
Your gift to the department can be general or specific:
- A general gift to the department allows the department to direct funds where they are needed the most.
- Your gift may be designated for individual programs as well.
- Special projects that your contributions can make possible, include:
- Research support for current students.
- Travel support for current students.
Funds to give to
- Educational Leadership, Research and Technology - general fund code for giving DTLL
- Educational Leadership Program
- Van E. Cooley Memorial Scholarship fund code for giving EVEC
- Misner Family Endowment fund code for giving EMIS
- Pratley Family Scholarship fund code for giving EPRA
- Don and Helen Weaver Endowment for Community Education fund code giving EWEA
- Schau Family Endowment for Educational Leadership fund code for giving ESFE
- Educational Technology Program
- Evaluation, Measurement and Research
- HESA Leadership
- Paul and Phyllis Griffeth Student Affairs Scholarship fund code for giving SGRI
- Higher Education and Student Affairs Leadership Development fund code for giving HESA
- Global Engagement in Higher Education Endowment fund code for giving EGEH
- Organizational Change Leadership
- Robert O. Brinkerhoff Endowed Scholarship for Organizational Change Leadership fund code for giving EBRI
Ways to give
Gifts and donations can be made by:
- Online using a credit card
- Electronic bank transfer
- Check. Make check payable to the WMU Foundation and write Department of Educational Leadership, Research and Technology in the memo section. If you are designating your gift to a specific unit within ELRT please include that name in the memo section as well. Mail check to:
Foundation Gift Processing
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5403 USA
For more information, please contact WMU's Office of Development and Alumni Relations.