New: Potential course credits now available via Prior Learning Assessments (PLA). Learn more.
This concentration, which may be completed completely online, is designed to prepare a student for the leadership role of being a building principal, as well as an athletic director. Pending approval from MDE, students who complete this concentration will be recommended to receive, from the state of Michigan, the School Administrator Certificate. Program graduates may be endorsed to receive the administration certification outside of Michigan as well (depending on the certification process in state of residence).
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis throughout the year. Admission decisions take approximately four weeks after all materials are received.
Program Course Requirements (effective Fall 2021)
All courses are 3 credit hours.
- HPHE 6600 - Governance and Administration of Sport
- EDLD 6300 - Data-Informed Decision-Making, Research and Evaluation
- EDLD 6793 - Principal Internship I
- EDLD 6794 - Principal Internship II
Principal & Interscholastic Athletic Administration Core
- EDLD 6610 - School Law & Ethics
- EDLD 6620 - School Business Management
- EDLD 6640 - Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment Leadership
- EDLD 6670 - The Principalship
- EDLD 6730 - Instructional Leadership and Supervision
- EDLD 6740 - School Community Relations and Cultural Competence
- HPHE 6690 - Event and Facility Planning and Management
MA Total: 33 Credits
For additional information and advising
Contact Dr. Brett Geier.