KALAMAZOO, Mich.—Western Michigan University has developed a Master of Science in Finance degree, which is expected to begin in fall 2022, with provisional applications now being accepted.
The degree opens a world of opportunities for those in the fiduciary services industry. The program is designed to give students the advanced analysis skills needed to accelerate careers in finance, asset management, investment banking and computational finance.
- A curriculum that will further advance technical expertise in career fields like corporate financial planning, investment banking, securities, risk analysis and more
- An accelerated program that allows students with an undergraduate business degree to complete the master's in one year
- A quantitative focus and three specializations from which to choose: corporate financial planning and analysis, securities and markets and data analytics in finance
- Expert instruction and experiential learning that will set students apart with employers and prepare graduates for leadership roles
The program prepares students for a variety of in-demand roles, including:
- Corporate financial analyst or planner
- Budget or credit analyst
- Investment banker
- Securities agent
- Risk, data or research analyst
- Financial or securitization consultant
“This degree helps finance professionals take their careers to the next level,” says Dr. Jim DeMello, chair of the Department of Finance and Commercial Law. “Students will gain hands-on experience with analysis, business operations, forecasting, modeling, risk management and data analytics. The value that the degree provides is tremendous. Both finance alumni, who completed their undergraduate degrees here, and employers have been asking that we develop a master’s program. We know that there is significant demand for finance professionals who have the quantitative skills the program offers, and we are excited to welcome our first students in the fall.”
Those interested in the program can visit the website for details on courses offered and the application process.