Gifts and donations make possible the extra margin of excellence in Western Michigan University's Department of Political Science.
- Enables students to participate in regional and national activities, gain valuable experience in internships and attend conferences and study abroad.
- Helps us attract and keep top faculty.
- Lets us to recruit the best graduate students.
- Allows undergraduates to focus on their academic goals.
Types of gifts
- Unrestricted development funds are used to support student success, faculty development, and overall departmental excellence. We also have funds to support specific programs or scholarships.
- Chet Rogers Endowment awards a faculty member who displays outstanding departmental citizenship and service.
- Claude and Nancy Phillips Dissertation Research Fund supports dissertation research by a doctoral student in political science.
- David Houghton Scholarship Fund provides scholarships for interns to work in Washington D.C. and Lansing.
- Donald Gilmer Endowed Scholarship Fund recognizes students interested in careers in public service. Preferences are given to Capital Intern Program participants.
- Mock Trial Fund allows the team to travel to competitions.
- William A. Ritchie Memorial Fund awards outstanding students in political theory.
- Lawrence Ziring Endowed Scholarship Fund provides scholarships to graduate students. Preferences will be given to students in the MIDA program, international students, and students who can demonstrate financial need.
If you have questions about these or other funds, please contact us.