Annual review for Ph.D. students in the Department of Political Science
- Evaluation – (for faculty use)
Application for directed readings, independent study and field experience
- Application – (for PSCI 5980, 7100 or 7120)
Application for thesis or dissertation credit
- Application – (for PSCI 7000 or 7300). If it is the first time you are applying for thesis or dissertation credit, the form must be completed and turned in to the office one week before registration closes.
Applications for exams
Thesis and dissertation committees
Political Science graduate students can apply for department scholarships to attend Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ISCPSR) and/or Institute for Qualitative and Multi-Method Research (IQMR) during their summer semesters. If you have questions about these workshops contact Dr. Priscilla Lambert, Director of Graduate Studies.
Send scholarship applications to Priscilla Lambert.
Funding renewal process for graduate assistants
Graduate assistantships are awarded for one year only (except in those cases where it is stipulated as a single semester only). Students must apply for renewal every year. Although it is the department's intention to fund students for as long as they are eligible, continued funding is dependent on performance, both in the program and in assigned work, and department needs.
Funded students must apply for renewal by the annual Feb. 1 deadline and follow these steps:
- Complete the application for graduate assistantship. PDF document or Word document.
- Have three professors submit letters of recommendation to the administrative assistant I in the department office by the February 1 deadline.
- Write a 250-word statement about your plans (both for research and field interests and career development) as they have evolved during the course of your study.
- For funding renewal, you do not need to turn in transcripts.
- Turn in this application, your statement and a current CV to the administrative assistant I in the department office by the February 1 deadline.
Please note: According to the Political Science Graduate Program Manual, page 6, "Students applying for funding renewal for the third time need request only one letter from a professor..."
Contact Priscilla Lambert, graduate director, with any questions.