This award, intended for graduate students of political science, was established in memory of John R. Borsos by his family. A superior student of Political Science, John R. Borsos received the M.A. degree posthumously. The award is made annually. Application is open to students who will be enrolled in the Political Science graduate program in the fall semester.
The John R. Borsos Memorial Endowed Scholarship Criteria
- The awardee shall be a graduate student of Political Science in the fall semester.
- The scholarship shall be primarily academic merit-based requiring a minimum overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0. Other criteria may be considered at the discretion of the selection committee.
- The award shall be made annually for the fall semester.
- The scholarship selection committee shall be the standing selection committee in the Department of Political Science.
- The selection committee shall notify the scholarship sponsors, in writing, of the award recipient’s name, address and other pertinent biographical information
For nominations by faculty:
The nomination form and reference or statement are due in the Political Science Office, 3308 Friedmann Hall, by February 1. The award will be presented at the Political Science Honors Luncheon in early April.