This award for fieldwork for graduate students of political science was established to honor the late Dr. George Klein, a faculty member in the Department of Political Science until his death in 1982. The amount of the award may vary depending on the availability of funds and the scope and duration of the project. Open to graduate students in Political Science.
The George Klein Memorial Scholarship for Fieldwork in Central and East Europe Criteria:
- The awardee shall be a graduate student of Political Science.
- The scholarship shall be primarily academic merit-based requiring a minimum overall undergraduate GPA of 3.25. Other criteria may be considered at the discretion of the selection committee.
- The fieldwork must take place in one of the following countries: Albania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia.
- The scholarship selection committee shall be the standing selection committee in the Department of Political Science.
- The award will be posted to the recipient’s student account upon receipt of expense statements. As such, it could be applied to outstanding charges rather than available as cash.
The nomination form and reference or statement are due in the Political Science Office, 3308 Friedmann Hall, by February 1. The award will be presented at the Political Science Honors Luncheon in early April.