The Office of Research and Innovation continually updates the external funding options. Certainly no all funding sources are captured on this site. The university subscribes to this helpful site, GrantForward where all WMU faculty and staff may create an account, save searches and set flags to receive newly posted funding in selected areas.
DEADLINE SPECIFIC FUNDING List is arranged by area of interest and sponsor application deadline.
Ongoing Opportunities List of opportunities that do not have specific deadlines or have rolling deadlines though multiple years.
LIMITED SUBMISSION OPPORTUNITIES Opportunities that limit the number of proposals submitted by an institution.
Other recommended external database searches
- Federal Business Opportunities—Online database to find posted federal procurement opportunities across departments and agencies.
- Forecast of Funding in Education—U.S. Department of Education listing of current and possible future opportunities.
- Foundation Directory Online—Maintained by the Foundation Center, this database profiles more that 140,000 private foundations, corporate entities and public charities offering grants. WMU has a limited membership to this database. Contact a research program officer for access.
- GrantForward—The special Grant funding database availalbe to all WMU faculty and staff. Chick sign up and establish an account using wmich.edu address.
- Grants.gov—Provides a common website for federal agencies to post discretionary funding opportunities and for grantees to find and apply to them.
- GrantSearch—Maintained by the Grans Resource Center, GrantSearch contains more that 1,500 funding opportunities that support academic activities such as research, education, training, fellowships, program or curriculum development and equipment acquisition. Contact a research program officer for information on accessing this database.
- NIH.gov—Listing of National Health Institute current requests for applications.
NIH Cancer Control Grants—Listing of National Institute of Health National Cancer Institute current requests for applications.
- NSF.gov—Listing of National Science Foundation funding opportunities arranged by research area.