The Office of Research and Innovation continually updates the external funding options. Certainly not all funding sources are captured on this site. The university subscribes to this helpful site, GrantForward, where all WMU faculty and staff may create an account, save searches and set flags to receive newly posted funding in selected areas.
COVID-19 RESEARCH FUNDING List of requests specific to COVID-19.
DEADLINE SPECIFIC FUNDING List is arranged by area of interest and sponsor application deadline.
Ongoing Opportunities List of opportunities that do not have specific deadlines or have rolling deadlines though multiple years.
LIMITED SUBMISSION OPPORTUNITIES Opportunities that limit the number of proposals submitted by an institution.
Other recommended external database searches
- Federal Business Opportunities—Online database to find posted federal procurement opportunities across departments and agencies.
- Forecast of Funding in Education—U.S. Department of Education listing of current and possible future opportunities.
- GrantForward—The special Grant funding database available to all WMU faculty and staff. Chick sign up and establish an account using wmich.edu address.
- Grants.gov—Provides a common website for federal agencies to post discretionary funding opportunities and for grantees to find and apply to them.
- NIH.gov—Listing of National Health Institute current requests for applications.
- NIH Cancer Control Grants—Listing of National Institute of Health National Cancer Institute current requests for applications.
- NSF.gov—Listing of National Science Foundation funding opportunities arranged by research area.