Commonly Requested Information
- Federal Tax / Employer ID Number (TIN/EIN): 1-386007327-A1
In some cases, only the bold numbers are needed.
- Unique Entity Identifier (UEI): J7WULLYGFRH1
- Dun & Bradstreet Number (Federal DUNS): 622364479
The Unique Entity Identifier replaced DUNS effective April 2022.
- Federal Demonstration Partnership (FDP) Expanded Clearinghouse Profile
- Federal wide Assurance No: FWA00007042 (expires Jan. 11, 2026)
- CAGE (Commercial And Government Entity) Code: 1D340 (effective March 15, 1974)
- FICE (Federal Interagency Committee on Education) Code: 02330
- SAM.gov registration (expires Sept. 13, 2023)
- Institution Code No. (MDE-Dwight D. Eisenhower): 390004481G
- Awardee Organization Code (NSF): 0023309000
NAICS (North American Industry Classification System) Code: 611310
- OHRP IRB (WMU IRB) ID No.: IRB00000254 (expires Jan. 4, 2024)
- OLAW Animal Welfare Assurance No.: D16-00160 (A3252-01) (expires April 30, 2023)
- USDA Registration No. (Animal Care Facilities): 34-R-0161 (expires June 15, 2024)
- OSI Federal Institutional Profile (IPF) No.: 9194101
- Research Misconduct Administrative Policy Established: Jan. 9, 1998 (first filing date Dec. 20, 1989)
- Possible Research Misconduct (HHS, The Office of Research Integrity) Annual Report: Renewed
- Congressional District: MI-004
- Senate District: 19
- House Representative District: 41
- State of Michigan Tax-Free Registry No: A-154961
Western Michigan University students pursue their purpose in an environment designed to help them thrive academically, emotionally and physically. WMU's focus on well-being supports student success, empowering them to craft a life of meaning and fulfillment. Nine of ten graduates are employed quickly in relevant and satisfying positions. Based on 10-year post-enrollment outcomes, WMU is #1 in Michigan for graduate earnings and #2 in Michigan for graduation rates when considering all students from all backgrounds.
To align their education with personal interests, Broncos can choose from 141 bachelors degrees across seven academic colleges, as well as honors and graduate colleges. WMU has nationally top-ranked programs in aviation, fine arts, engineering, supply chain management and occupational therapy.
The Kalamazoo area holds a wealth of internship and employment opportunities, with a strong business community that includes multinational firms like Kellogg, Whirlpool, and Stryker, and three large health care systems. Kalamazoo’s vibrant downtown is packed with entertainment, arts, culture and dining offerings.
Founded in 1903, WMU enrolls 19,000 students; roughly 80% are undergraduates. Students from historically underrepresented groups and international students from nearly 100 countries comprise 30% of the student body, and out-of-state students comprise 15%.
For current institutional data, visit the Office of Institutional Research.
Researchers may need specific rates, templates, and supporting documents in order to complete their proposals. Per signature authority policy, note the following:
Authorized University Official
Vice President for Research and Innovation
Facilities and Administrative Costs are negotiated with the Department of Health and Human Services. Fringe Benefits are determined by WMU.