Congratulations on your admission to Western Michigan University! Here is a list of steps for first-year students to prepare for your enrollment at WMU.
ADMITTED STUDENT CHECKLIST
Set your Bronco NetID password and log in to GoWMU
You should have received a Bronco NetID and a temporary password via email from the Office of Information Technology. Your Bronco NetID is different from your WIN (Western Identification Number). Visit Change Password to set you set your Bronco NetID password. If you do not have your Bronco NetID and temporary password, please contact the Technology Help Desk at (269) 387-HELP or email email@example.com.
Log in to GoWMU to verify your new password.
Save your spot and confirm your admission
- Let us know that you plan to attend WMU by completing the Intent to Enroll form within the Gold Gateway.
- Send $100 Admission Confirmation Deposit, or request a deposit waiver, preferably before May 1. This fee confirms your enrollment and is applied to your fall semester tuition. Visit our Admission Confirmation Deposit instruction website for more information. The admissions deposit, or an approved waiver, must be submitted prior to registering for orientation.
Sign up for orientation
- New student orientation registration begins in January for students enrolling fall semester.
Register for housing
- On-campus housing registration begins in January for students enrolling fall semester.
Complete your FAFSA
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) should be completed by March 1.
Submit official test scores
- If you decide to enroll at WMU, you must provide official test scores prior to new student orientation. See testing policy for details and review the ways to submit your scores.
Request your final high school transcript
- Transcripts should be sent from your high school to the WMU Admissions Office. Transcripts must be received 10 days before the beginning of the fall semester to avoid delays in financial aid disbursement and course registration. View methods to send transcripts on our website.
Engage with WMU on social media
Join WMU, as well as other admitted students on social media, and share your excitement about becoming a Bronco using #FutureBronco!