Congratulations on your admission to Western Michigan University! Here is a list of steps for first-year students to prepare for your enrollment at WMU.
ADMITTED STUDENT CHECKLIST
Log in to your GoWMU portal
- Log in to GoWMU for the first time and create a password.
Confirm your admission
- Send $100 Admission Confirmation Deposit, or request a deposit waiver, preferably before May 1. This fee confirms your enrollment and is applied to your fall semester tuition. Visit our Admission Confirmation Deposit instruction website for more information.
Sign up for orientation
- New student orientation registration begins in February for students enrolling fall semester.
Register for housing
- On-campus housing registration begins in February for students enrolling fall semester.
Complete your FAFSA
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) should be completed by March 1.
Engage with WMU on social media
Join WMU, as well as other admitted students on social media, and share your excitement about becoming a Bronco using #FutureBronco!