Students applying for Spring, Summer or Fall 2019
The WMU online application is open for all undergraduate student types. Application decisions for the 2019 semesters will be released starting at the end of September.
Important information for undergraduate applicants
Applications and all materials must be received by the Office of Admissions by the following deadlines to be considered for admission.
- Fall- Classes begin in late August. Freshman must submit their application by the new extended deadline of June 14. Transfer students must apply by August 15. All other undergraduate types must submit their applications by August 15.
- Spring- Classes begin the first week of January. Applications must be submitted by January 1.
- Summer I- Classes begin the first week of May. Applications must be submitted by May 1.
- Summer II- Classes begin in late June. Applications must be submitted by June 15.
College transcripts must be received within 90 days of the print date on the transcript to be considered official. Transcripts can be sent from the issuing institution to WMU in many ways.
- Electronic- Transcripts can be emailed by the issuing institution to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail- Transcripts can be mailed to Office of Admissions, Western Michigan University, 1903 W Michigan Ave, Kalamazoo, MI 49008.
- Hand-delivered- Transcripts in an envelope sealed by the issuing institution can be dropped off with an admissions staff member in the Seibert Administration Building.
- Fax- Transcripts can be faxed from the issuing institution to 269-387-2096.
Western Michigan University Office of Admissions can accept test scores in a number of ways.
- Scores can be sent directly from ACT or College Board. Western Michigan University's codes are 2066 for ACT and 1902 for SAT.
- Scores can be printed directly on your high school transcript.
- Score reports generated by a testing entity can be mailed, emailed, faxed, or hand-delivered. Follow the instructions laid out in the transcript section above for more information.
Accessing your Application
If you are curious if materials you sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions have been received, you can access this information in two ways, depending upon how you applied.
- If you applied through the WMU Gold Gateway, you can log in with your username and password to view whether or not your materials have been received by WMU.
- If you applied through the Common App, you will need to create a Gold Gateway account with the same email you used on the Common App. You will then be able to log in to Gold Gateway and monitor the receipt of your materials.
- If you need assistance, contact the Office of Admissions at (269) 387-2000.