All other student types
Applications for all other undergraduate student types for any 2020 semester for any 2020 semester are open. Select the appropriate application button below.
Returning, initial teacher certification, second bachelor's degree or non-degree seeking applicants:
High School Dual Enrollment:
Senior Citizens' Opportunity Program in Education:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR UNDERGRADUATE APPLICANTS
Applications and all materials must be received by the Office of Admissions by the following deadlines to be considered for admission.
- Fall- Classes begin in late August.
- November 15, Early Action (non-binding). To maximize eligibility for scholarships and Lee Honors College invitation, first-year students who plan to enroll in the fall semester should complete their application file by November 15.
- July 31, Rolling Admission. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, WMU has extended the application deadline for fall 2020 entry. Students who complete their application by July 31 will be considered for admission to WMU.
Transfer and all other undergraduate student types: August 15
- Spring- Classes begin the first week of January. Applications must be submitted by January 1.
- Summer I- Classes begin the first week of May. Applications must be submitted by May 1.
- Summer II- Classes begin in late June. Applications must be submitted by June 15.
College transcripts must be received within 90 days of the print date on the transcript to be considered official. Transcripts can be sent from the issuing institution to WMU in many ways.
- Electronic- Transcripts can be submitted electronically by the issuing institution through a credentialing service such as Parchment, Naviance, or National Clearninghouse. Transcripts can also be emailed by the issuing institution to email@example.com.
- Mail- Transcripts can be mailed to Office of Admissions, Western Michigan University, 1903 W Michigan Ave, Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5211.
- Hand-delivered- Transcripts in an envelope sealed by the issuing institution can be dropped off with an admissions staff member in the Seibert Administration Building.
Official Test Scores
Western Michigan University Office of Admissions can accept test scores in a number of ways.
- Scores can be sent directly from ACT or College Board. Western Michigan University's codes are 2066 for ACT and 1902 for SAT.
- Scores can be printed directly on your high school transcript.
- Score reports generated by a testing entity can be mailed, emailed, faxed, or hand-delivered. Follow the instructions laid out in the transcript section above for more information.
Accessing your Application
If you are curious if materials you sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions have been received, you can access this information in two ways, depending upon how you applied:
- If you applied through the WMU Gold Gateway, you can log in with your username and password to view whether or not your materials have been received by WMU.
- If you need assistance, contact the Office of Admissions at (269) 387-2000.