- $64,000 over four years / $16,000 per year
- 3.70+ weighted cumulative GPA* at the time of admission
- Must be a first-year student enrolling in fall
- Admissible to WMU
- Have verified financial need based on one or more of the following criteria:
- Student is enrolled in or eligible to participate in the Federal Free or Reduced Price Lunch program (FRPL).
- Student is a ward of the state, an orphan, or in foster care.
- Student is homeless, as determined by their district’s McKinney-Vento Liaison.
- Student is undocumented/DACA.
- Undocumented/DACA students are invited to apply for this scholarship
- Please note that the GPA and financial need criteria are the minimum criteria for consideration. The Foundation Scholarship is highly competitive and selective, and not all students who meet the consideration criteria will be awarded.
- The Foundation Scholars application will open in ScholarshipUniverse on Dec. 1. A completed WMU admission application file† and scholarship application are due by Feb. 15.
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). All available financial information will be used to make final scholarship decisions.
- Students who qualify for more than one admission scholarship will be awarded the scholarship of highest value.
*Scholarships are awarded based on the transcript GPA at the time of admission. GPA requirements are based on a 4.00 scale. Transcript GPAs that are not on a 4.00 scale will be recalculated accordingly. Students awarded more than one Office of Admissions scholarship will be awarded the scholarship of highest value. Awards are subject to change.