About the Fall 2021 Foundation Scholarship
- $64,000 over four years / $16,000 per year
- 3.70+ weighted cumulative GPA* at the time of admission
- Must be a first-year student enrolling in fall 2021.
- Admissible to WMU
- Have verified financial need based on one or more of the following criteria
-Student is enrolled in or eligible to participate in the Federal Free or Reduced Price Lunch program (FRPL)
-Student is a ward of the state, an orphan, or in foster care
-Student is homeless, as determined by their district’s McKinney-Vento Liaison
-Student is undocumented
- Completed admission application file† and supplemental materials due by February 15.
- The 2021 Foundation Scholars Application will be available in fall 2020.
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents must file the FAFSA. All available financial information will be used to make final scholarship decisions.
- Students who qualify for more than one admission scholarship will be awarded the scholarship of highest value.
*Scholarships are awarded based on the transcript GPA at the time of admission. GPA requirements are based on a 4.00 scale. Transcript GPAs that are not on a 4.00 scale will be recalculated accordingly. Students awarded more than one Office of Admissions scholarship will be awarded the scholarship of highest value. Awards are subject to change.
†A complete admission application file includes: application (Common App (including WMU supplement) - OR - WMU institutional application), official high school transcripts, and $40 application fee or fee waiver. Students who wish for an ACT/SAT score to be considered in review must self-report their score on the admission application. Please visit wmich.edu/apply for more information and tips.