About the Fall 2022 Foundation Scholarship
- $64,000 over four years / $16,000 per year
- 3.70+ weighted cumulative GPA* at the time of admission
- Must be a first-year student enrolling in fall 2022.
- Admissible to WMU
- Have verified financial need based on one or more of the following criteria
-Student is enrolled in or eligible to participate in the Federal Free or Reduced Price Lunch program (FRPL)
-Student is a ward of the state, an orphan, or in foster care
-Student is homeless, as determined by their district’s McKinney-Vento Liaison
-Student is undocumented
- Please note that the GPA and financial need criteria are the minimum criteria for consideration. The Foundation Scholarship is highly competitive and selective, and not all students who meet the consideration criteria will be awarded.
- The Foundation Scholars application will open in ScholarshipUniverse on December 1, 2021. A completed WMU admission application file† and scholarship application in ScholarshipUniverse are due by February 15, 2022.
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents must file the FAFSA. All available financial information will be used to make final scholarship decisions.
- Students who qualify for more than one admission scholarship will be awarded the scholarship of highest value.
*Scholarships are awarded based on the transcript GPA at the time of admission. GPA requirements are based on a 4.00 scale. Transcript GPAs that are not on a 4.00 scale will be recalculated accordingly. Students awarded more than one Office of Admissions scholarship will be awarded the scholarship of highest value. Awards are subject to change.
†A complete admission application file includes: application (Common App including WMU supplement), official high school transcripts and $40 application fee or fee waiver. Students who wish for an ACT/SAT score to be considered in review must self-report their score on the admission app. Students interested in Aviation Flight Science must complete their admission application by the Early Action deadline.