Value: $15,000 annually ($60,000 total award)
- 3.7+ cumulative GPA on a 4-point scale at end of junior year
- For first-time, full-time freshmen entering fall 2019
- Admissible to WMU
- Have verified financial need based on one or more of the following criteria
-Student is enrolled in or eligible to participate in the Federal Free or Reduced Price Lunch program (FRPL).
-Student is a ward of the state, an orphan, or in foster care.
-Student is homeless, as determined by their district’s McKinney-Vento Liaison.
-Student is Undocumented.
- Earn and maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA, measured after each academic year.
- Enroll full-time at WMU (fall and spring)
- Successfully complete 30 credit hours per academic year (fall through summer; not to include repeated courses).
Ensure all documents necessary for admission (application, $40 application fee or approved fee waiver, test scores and high school transcript) and separate application for the Foundation Scholarship are received by the Western Michigan University Office of Admissions by February 15, 2019. U.S. citizens and permanent residents must file the FAFSA.
The Foundation Scholarship application will be reviewed only if the essay, requested tax documentation and video are received by February 15. All available financial information will be used to make final scholarship decisions.