About the Foundation Scholarship
- $60,000 over four years / $15,000 per year
- 3.7+ weighted cumulative GPA
- Must be a first-year student enrolling in the fall immediately following high school graduation.
- Admissible to WMU
- Have verified financial need based on one or more of the following criteria
-Student is enrolled in or eligible to participate in the Federal Free or Reduced Price Lunch program (FRPL)
-Student is a ward of the state, an orphan, or in foster care
-Student is homeless, as determined by their district’s McKinney-Vento Liaison
-Student is undocumented.
- Earn and maintain a minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA, measured after each academic year.
- Maintain continuous full-time enrollment at WMU (minimum 12 credit hours per fall and spring semesters). Repeated courses not included.
- Successfully complete 24 credit hours per academic year (not to include summer sessions or repeated courses).
- Completed admission application and supplemental materials due by February 15. Supplemental materials to be submitted through the Gold Gateway account.
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents must file the FAFSA. All available financial information will be used to make final scholarship decisions.
- Students who qualify for more than one admission scholarship will be awarded the scholarship of highest value.