Business students in Western Michigan University's Haworth College of Business have earned competition wins and significant recognitions.
- Abrahan Garcia and Alex Gutierrez-Spencer were among 50 participants in the American Advertising Federation’s Most Promising Multicultural Students Program for 2018.
- A team of advertising and promotion students placed second in their division at the District 6 American Advertising Federation’s National Student Advertising Competition.
- Tim Belcher, Shao Qin Gan, Roberto Ramon-Flores and Kaitlyn Watkins placed first in the “Launching Into the Next Century” category at the Beta Alpha Psi Midwest Regional Meeting Best Practices Competition.
- A team of food marketing students placed second at the National Grocers Association Case Competition.
Finance students Kaciana Champlin, Gabrielle Kasten and Nate Timmons were the runners-up at the undergraduate-level ACG Cup Competition for the Western Michigan chapter.
Integrated Supply Management
- Andrew Barney, Celina Clark, John Hayward and Zach Poppema placed second at the 2017 General Motors/Wayne State University Supply Chain Case Competition.
- Marissa Bruno and Tyler Hughey placed second overall at the E & J Gallo Winery Collegiate Sales Competition.
- Ryan Demas and Stacy Zoeller placed first overall at the University of Toledo Invitational Sales Competition. Individually, Demas took first place in the first-year and sophomore division, and Zoeller took second place in the junior division. They were coached by senior Marissa Bruno.
- Megan Miller was named among 258 students across the U.S. as a 2018 University Innovation Fellow through Stanford University.