Criteria for selection
This is a competitive scholarship.
- Any first-time, domestic, freshmen degree-seeking student admitted to WMU.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale upon admission.
- Must declare a major in College of Engineering and Applied Sciences.
- Students must submit an essay that highlights leadership experiences, successes, and learning. Up to 2 letters of recommendation may be included with the essay submission and must be received no later than February 15th of senior year.
- Annual awards range from $1,000 to $4,000.
- Awards disbursed in no more than four years.
- Award amounts and scholarship disbursements are decided by the CEAS Scholarship Committee and are not subject to appeal.
- Scholarship recipients are required to maintain a 3.0 grade point at WMU
- Scholarship recipients must be enrolled full time (12 credit hours/semester) at WMU *some exclusions may apply*
- Scholarship recipients must maintain a major in the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis. Top candidates from the pool will be considered based on appropriateness of essay, recommendation letters, and academic profile. Student must have a completed FAFSA on file.
To submit your essay, go to WMU Scholarship Universe.