- MODEL: Recommend model(s) of a revised general education curriculum informed by MOA-16/06 that merge(s) proficiencies (as defined in MOA-16/06) with content knowledge by scaffolding intellectual and practical skills across disciplines and curricula for a first reading at the March 2017 Faculty Senate meeting.
- NAMING: Engage the university community in the naming of the new general education curriculum and present the new name to the Faculty Senate for approval no later than the December 2016 Faculty Senate meeting.
- POLICY: Develop a draft policy to reflect the new general education curriculum and associated processes during the fall 2016 semester for final approval at the April 2017 Faculty Senate meeting.
- IMPLEMENTATION/ASSESSMENT: Develop and submit a time-bound action plan for the implementation and short- and long-term assessment of the new general education curriculum by the final meeting of the 2016-17 Faculty Senate.
- COURSE PROPOSAL: Develop a process to allow all colleges and units to propose new or existing courses for the new general education curriculum and establish a standing committee that reports directly to the Undergraduate Studies Council and is responsible for the review and approval of all proposed courses in the new general education curriculum.
- Report to the Faculty Senate Executive Board and the Faculty Senate as requested during the 2016-17 academic year.
Mervyn Elliott, Chair
Molly Lynde-Recchia, Vice Chair
World Languages and Literatures
Ex Officio Member
Faculty Senate Executive Board
Appointed Faculty Members
Special Education and Literacy Studies
Appointed Administrative / Staff Members
College of Arts and Sciences, Advising
Associate Provost for Assessment and Undergraduate Studies