At the WMU College of Fine Arts, our faculty, students and alumni are practicing professionals and leaders in their fields. We are so proud of their accomplishments and continue to celebrate them for the following achievements.
Awards and nominations
- Theatre alum Crystal Lucas-Perry won a Lortel Award for Outstanding Featured Actress in a Play.
- Adriane Little, a professor in the Frostic School of Art, won the AIFF Award for Best Experimental Short.
- Trombone professor Steve Wolfinbarger won the 2019 Ken Hanlon Award from the International Trombone Association.
- Metals student Vicki Cook won a Midwest Metalsmiths Merit Scholarship.
- Eddie Codrington won an ASCAP Composers Award for his piece, Obsidian Galaxy.
- Music alum Corey Shotwell ('12) selected to participate in the Carmel Bach Festival Vocal Master Class.
- Professor Dan Jacobson (music history and theory) selected as WMU’s nominee for the Michigan Association of State Universities (MASU) Professor of the Year Award.
- Students Benjamin Hahn and Nathaniel Chiu selected as finalists in the 2019 Larry Wiehe Tenor Trombone Competition.
- Alumnus Sam Alhadid (Jazz studies, '15) is a finalist for the Canton Symphony Music Educator of the Year award.
- Andrew Rathbun Large Ensemble has been nominated for best jazz album at the Juno Awards, recognizing outstanding accomplishments of Canadian musicians.
- Suzi Barret, WMU Theatre grad, has a starring role in the new Disney Channel series Just Roll With It - Broadway World
- Dance student Mariya Calhoun performed at the Billboard Latin Music Awards broadcast on Telemundo - Fox47
- School of Music Multimedia Arts Technology student capstone performance promotion - WMUK
- Former Western professor and pianist, Phyllis Rappeport, honored for her impact on Kalamazoo - MLive
- Alumna Erin Lamont (BA Dance, '02) is on the cover of the February issue of Dance Informa Magazine
- Harnessing the Future of Product Design - WMU Magazine