Diversity and inclusion: resources
- University Policies
- Office of Student Conduct
- Office of Institutional Equity
- LBGT Student Services
- Disabilities Services
- The Ombudsman Office
- Spectrum House
- Affirmative Action and EEO
- Walker Institute for the Study of Race and Ethnic Relations
Resources for Supporting an Inclusive Classroom on Campus:
- Effects of Racial Diversity on Complex Thinking of College Students
- Research Brief: First Generation College Students
- On Diversity in Teaching and Learning
- Toward a Model of Inclusive Excellence
- Understanding and Expanding Multicultural Competence in Teaching Faculty Guide
- Multiculturalism in Theatre
From the Office of Diversity and Inclusion:
- Allan G. Johnson (Author)
- Alliance of White Anti-Racists Everywhere
- American Anthropological Association Presents: Race Exhibit
- American Association of University Women
- Cultural Connections
- Eliminating Racism & Creating/Celebrating Equality
- Glass Ceiling Commission
- Jewish Virtual Library
- Jim Crow Museum of Racist Memorabilia
- Joy De Gruy (Educator, Writer)
- Kirwan Institute for the Study of Race and Ethnicity
- Marc Lamont Hill (Author)
- National Organization for Men Against Sexism
- National Women's History Museum
- Tim Wise (Author)
Articles and Essays:
- Aren't Systems Just People?
- Crime, Race, and the Perils of Profiling
- Is Affirmative Action Racist?
- What is a 'System of Privilege'?
- Where White Privilege Came From
- Why is there Poverty?
Fire Historical and Cultural Arts Collaborative - Fire envisions a world where young people can express their authentic selves without the fear of judgment and have the courage to imagine and the freedom to create a more just and vibrant future for all.
Hispanic American Council - The Hispanic American Council is a nonprofit community organization established to advocate for the well-being of the Hispanic population in Southwest Michigan.
Michigan United - Michigan United is a statewide organization of community members and institutions fighting for the dignity and potential of every person. We are committed to a participatory democracy at every level, an economy that works for the many, and a society that dismantles racism while uplifting our common humanity.