Western Michigan University Mail Services assists University departments with a variety of mailing needs. This website provides information on mailing topics such as addressing, enclosures, envelopes, inter-campus mail, distribution, US mail classifications, specialized delivery services, and more.
The more we know about your needs and concerns, the better we can fulfill them. Whether it is a special service, large mailing, or you are sending or receiving something out of the ordinary, let us know your needs in advance. We encourage you to contact us with any questions.
SCHEDULE UPDATE: Campus mail pick-up and delivery will resume Monday, September 14, 2020. Mail will be delivered each Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Please refer to the scheduled delivery and pick up times below for more information. For information on package delivery, please refer to Freight Services.
Please note: University Mail Services does not handle student mail or packages. All student mail and packages must be processed through the local United States Postal Service, UPS, FedEx or other local carriers.
- Campus mail delivery and pick up *Note new schedule below, effective June 2020*
- Campus mail distribution *Note new schedule below, effective June 2020*
- Customized discount bulk mail
- Domestic mail processing *Note new schedule below, effective June 2020*
- International mail processing *Note new schedule below, effective June 2020*
- Mail Piece Design
- Package shipping
Hours of operation
The mail center is open from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Scheduled delivery and pickup times
Campus mail delivery and pick-up (student mail excluded) is scheduled as follows.
- Regular mail pick-up and delivery occur Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:05 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Refer to the mail route schedule for specific delivery times by building. Route times are approximate and subject to change.
- Urgent incoming mail (USPS Early AM and Priority Mail) will be delivered daily, Monday through Friday. Refer to the above mail route schedule for delivery times for Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Tuesday and Thursday deliveries will vary depending on urgent incoming mail volume.
- Urgent outgoing mail on Tuesday and Thursday, and any daily outgoing mail or packages, must be delivered to the mail center by 2:00 p.m. No mail pick-ups are scheduled for Tuesdays or Thursdays. Mail dropped off after 2:00 p.m. will be processed and sent to the post office the next business day.
- Contact the mail center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 78812 for special mail or large mail pick-ups.
special mail requests
Mail services is available to assist with mail related requests such as delivery of additional interoffice envelopes, pick up or delivery of mail trays or tubs, special mail pick ups and more. To request any of these services, complete the form below. Mail services will contact your department with confirmation and complete the request in a timely manner.
- Phone: extension 7-8812
- Email: email@example.com
- Campus Site: Campus Services Building, 1201 Oliver Street
- Mail stop: 5347