WMU Bronco Pep Bands
The WMU Bronco Pep Bands are versatile musical ensembles that are integral to the game atmosphere at WMU Hockey as well as WMU Men’s and Women’s Basketball games. The bands engage the crowds with music of varying styles.
Basketball Bands, Brown Band and Gold Band (approximately 50 members per band)
Clarinet (4 firsts, 4 seconds)
Alto Saxophone (5)
Tenor Saxophone (2)
Trumpet (3 firsts, 3 seconds, 3 thirds)
Trombone (4 firsts, 4 seconds)
Drum set (2)
Hockey Band (25 members)
Clarinets (1 first, 1 second1)
Alto Saxophone (2)
Tenor Saxophone (1)
Trumpet (2 firsts, 2 seconds, 2 thirds)
Trombone (2 firsts, 2 seconds)
Drum set (2)
WMU Bands provide piccolos, mellophones, baritones, sousaphones, and drum set. If you are in need of an instrument not stated above, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work to accommodate those needs on a case-by-case basis.
2021-22 WMU Bronco Pep Bands Schedule
- The rehearsal and performance schedule for the 2021-22 season is available here
- Mandatory Rehearsals (notify of any potential rehearsal conflicts on audition form)
o Rehearsal #1- Wednesday, 10/13/21, 7:00 – 9:30pm, Dalton Center Recital Hall
o Rehearsal #2- Tuesday, 10/26/21, 7:00 – 9:30pm, Dalton Center Rehearsal B
o Rehearsal #3- Thursday, 11/11/21, 7:00 – 9:30pm, Dalton Center Rehearsal B
- Members of the WMU Bronco Pep Bands must be current WMU students in both Fall 2021 and Spring 2022
2021-22 WMU Bronco Pep Bands Auditions
All hornline auditions will take place during the evening of Tuesday (10/5) between 7:00 – 9:00pm in the practice rooms (specific rooms TBD) of Dalton Center. Auditions are first come-first serve. Please arrive early to warm-up.
Hornline Audition materials will consist of the WMU Fight Song, the concert B-flat Major Scale, and a short sight-reading example. If you are in need of a copy of the WMU Fight Song, please request one for your instrument by emailing email@example.com.
Drum set Audition Information
- Interested drum set players must register to audition using the link at the top of the page by Monday, October 4, 2021!!
- First Round drum set auditions will consist of the demonstration a variety of musical styles (including rock, swing, latin, etc.). In addition, auditionees will be asked to play along with a recording of the WMU Fight Song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XopczapZros)
- Second Round drum set auditions will consist of playing with the Hockey Band during their first rehearsal (10/13, 7-9:30pm in Dalton Recital Hall). During this rehearsal, you will be asked to play the following charts in their entirety:
o WMU Fight Song
o National Anthem
o You Can Call Me Al (Paul Simon)
o Jungle Boogie (Kool & the Gang)
o Right Above It (Drake ft. Lil’ Wayne)
o Power (Kanye West)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding WMU Bronco Pep Bands.